Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tuesday Musings - #2


Todays "musing" is going to be dedicated to my constant battle with, er, myself!  Those of you who have jobs, or who have children or maybe both, will know what Im talking about when I talk about the battle between stuff you know you should be doing and stuff you want to do!!  In my case, its the battle between I know I should be doing the housework, but actually my sewing box is calling me so I cant possibly do the houswork!

Now before I go on I would just like to point out that this argument is very much between me and me and not me and my husband.  He's not bothered what the house looks like to be fair as long as we are happy and healthy and his xbox is working!

Take today for example, Littlest Petal has a horrible cold and is really not feeling herself.  She's slept for about three hours today which is unheard of for her.  What have I done with the time??  Housework?  Sorted the ever growing mound of ironing in my bedroom?  Ummm, no, I've been sewing pretty things for my first craft fair on Thursday evening!  To be fair, I've got myself quite organised too, but the same cant be said for my house!  Maybe because Im a WAHM now, I not only notice it more, but feel I should have the time to it.  However I would like to point out that I have never worked so hard in all my life (my other business The Ironing Lady takes up a lot of my time too - grrrrr!). 

Someone once said to me that tiding the house with children in it is like shovelling snow when its snowing.  Too true!!

I moan about not doing my housework but Im not prepared to give up my sewing time to do anything about it!  Its too precious! 

So I will continue to live in a house more disorganised than I would like but at least my sanity will be intact as I will be at my dining room table, sewing.

Until next time x x

p.s. couldn't leave todays post without mentioning, I WON A COMPETITION!!!  I cannot tell you how amazed I am seeing as I literally, never win a thing.  Most of the time I dont bother entering for that reason but I entered on the amazing and inspiring blog paper-and-string.  Pictures to come when my prize arrives.  I CANT WAIT!

4 comments:

  1. I am completely with you on the housework front. It is a thankless task that is never completed and does not satisfy the soul, well, not in the same way as crafting. I'm not tidy by nature, despite loving things tidy, but there is always a degree of organisation to my chaos!
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same battle - I hate the mess, but I'd rather be crafting than cleaning and tidying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments. And Im very happy to see that its not just me that would rather be crafting than doing housework!

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to set myself a timetable so that I would get all those 'necessary evils' like housework done. But it lasted all of 3 days!

    I've written a blog post on the theme of 'a tidy house is a wasted life' and I'll be publishing it one Thursday soon!

    ReplyDelete