Wednesday 15 June 2011

I'VE WON AN AWARD!!??!

YES I AM SHOUTING BECAUSE IM THAT EXCITED!!  The very lovely Maria over at Dinki Dot Crafts has awarded me my very first ever blog award!!  Maria writes a fab blog and if you havent already checked it out (cos I think I've mentioned it before) make sure you do because she is very talented and multi skilled when it comes to crafting!  She was given this award by another lovely blogger, Becky from The Fluff Pot and has very kindly passed it on to me.  I cant tell you how happy I am!

Thank You Maria!
Only downside is, I now have to share 10 (interesting!?) facts with you about myself.  Ummmm....

1. Im originally from Barry in South Wales - the home of Gavin and Stacey!!  My husband is also from London (although think Gavin is from Essex) so our friends tease us about being the original Gavin and Stacey!

2. I have two beautiful daughters, Madison and Lillie (is that cheating as I think I've shared that bit of information already?).  Madison was five yesterday and Lillie was one in April.

Very beautiful kids if I say so myself!

3. Im addicted to coffee, but who isnt?  Especially when you have two children who think 5.30am is an acceptable time to start the day (grrrr)

4.  Before having Lillie I worked as a P.A. in Local Government but I now run an ironing service for my "day job"!  Its actually more of a night job but that sounds dodgy!  After having Lillie I didnt want to go back to the 9-5 and wanted a job I could do around the girls so started up on my own!  Its not the career I imagined when I was a kid but pays a few bills...

5. My dream is to have my own coffee/craft shop where I can showcase different peoples work, have a little workshop in the back and serve yummy cakes and coffee - yumm-mee!

6. Im Welsh and very proud of it but dont speak welsh which is shameful.

Ummmmmm.....*thinks hard and can smell burning*

7. I hate spiders, to the point where I used to trap them under cups and leave them there until someone came to deal with it.  Decided this was cruel and not a nice thing to teach my children so now I leave the room if there is a spider in it until a responsible adult has disposed of it appropriately. 

8. I hate scary films.  Silence of the lambs gave me nightmares for weeks after watching it and I wont watch anything more than a 12 rating now.

9. I cannot drink to save my life and on a recent hen weekend, had two alcoholic drinks in three days.  Sad but true.  Had a fab time though!

10. I can talk for Wales!  Which you may have guessed?  Not sure if its a Welsh thing and I know I do it I just cant help myself!!

Thought I'd share a photo of myself (is that number 11?  Told you I dont shut up!)

Me and My Lovely Sister x x

So for those of you I havent sent to sleep, thanks for reading and another huge thank you to Maria for passing on the award.

Now, who am I going to pass it to!?

x x

3 comments:

  1. Yay, well done! :o) I knew you'd be so pleased to get this!! Well deserved, and it was great to find out more about you, and see the face behind the blog!

    (P.S. I love Gavin and Stacey!!)

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria you deserve an award for reading through my 10 "interesting" facts! You're right, I was extremely pleased. Its always nice to know Im not talking to myself! LOL

    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. how lovely! and how strange that I just learnt something new about you, hahaha! xx

    ReplyDelete