Wednesday 3 August 2011

How Hard Can It Be??


Turns out, very hard!  Those of you that have read my previous post, I have been trying to learn to crochet.

Maybe one day....
Ha!  If only these were mine!  Im finding it sooooooo difficult!  I've watched videos on youtube, had a friend show me what to do, yet the skill that is granny square-ing (?) fails me.  This is my *ahem* fourth (ok, maybe fourteenth) effort...

My effort at a granny square
Ok, one thing you will notice is, ITS NOT A SQUARE!!!!  Im getting increasingly frustrated at my granny squares looking like knotted wool, and a circle of knotted wool at that!!  Oh well, I'll keep trying, the granny square will not beat me!

This is what I eventually want to make....


A bit ambitious maybe but the instructions say "easy".  I beg to differ!

In other news, our summer holidays are still going well, no major catastrophes as yet (touch wood) and this is what we did yesterday...

YUMM-MEE!  Chocolate rice krispy splodges :)

My happy little chef
We didnt have any paper cake cases but I can assure you our chocolate rice krispy cakes tasted just as scrummy!  Plus Madison had loads of fun as she did most of it herself, I just helped melt the chocolate and get even-sized blobs.  Lovely (but no good for my diet)!

x x

p.s. any help on the granny square front would be very much appreciated!  Thanks to everyone who emailed me last time I asked for advice, it helped me get to this stage x

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if you are still looking for crocheting help or not since you made the granny square but I have a good book it's "Maran Illustrated Knitting and Crocheting". If it's something you can't find or if you just want the instructions for the Granny's I can scan it and send it to you. The one you made looks pretty good. I'm just wondering did you make a special pattern or just a standard granny?

    ReplyDelete